I didn't attend the session today as I had a lead on a news story for our patch. After discussing with my patch members, we decided that I should go to that instead and then meet with them afterwards to discuss what they had done in the session and so I could show them what I had done.
The lead was on the Sharrow Lantern Festival. I had heard from a friend, who is a resident of Sharrow, that it occurs every year in April and that they ran meetings about it at the Highfield Trinity Church off London Road.
I was able to talk to Robin Dobson, an artist who takes part in the scheme. He was able to explain to me that the festival is run by a non-profitable organisation called Creative Action Network and it's in order to bring lots of people from the community together through creativity.
The festival was meant to take place on the weekend just gone but had to be cancelled due to the bad weather. It is now taking place on the 19th and I am going to wait until then to write my story so that I can include action from the event and get quotes from people taking part and on-lookers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment