We were asked to produce a story for the Star website over our Easter break. This had to be something that would not necessarily date. I decided to do a feature on "Becoming a Journalist".
As I found in my research, this is one of the most sought out jobs by graduates so I thought it would be interesting to find out why it is so popular and what it takes to get there. Especially since this is the career that I would like.
I thought it would also be interesting for the Star website because it is written by journalism students so a vast majority of them are going to read it as well.
I have a friend who does online sport journalism for channel five so I was able to interview him over Easter and get lots of nice quotes.
The story is not completed yet as I would like to get some quotes from current journalism students as well. I also feel that the style is a bit scruffy so I want to ask for some help and see how it can be edited to make it better.
The rest of my patch group had prepared stories as well. Poonam had focused on restaurant reviews and Sean had stuck to stories based on sports and especially Bramall Lane. This is good because London Road (our patch area) is full of restaurants and just off of it is Bramall Lane football club. This means that all of the work they have done is relevant to our patch and will be good for the London Road Gazette.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment