Monday, 12 May 2008

Tuesday 22nd April 2008

I managed to get a great story for this week. I live on Vincent Road in Sharrow and there was a massive fire that occurred at an old mosque on the end of the road. I was able to attend the scene, talk to residence and someone from the fire brigade and also take some pictures using my camera phone. I feel that I acted quickly in this situation and did everything that I should have done as a journalist.

I have written this up as a hard news story. This made front news for the Star so I think we should use it as the front page for the London Road Gazette.

I also attended the lantern festival which took place on Saturday evening. I was able to collect lots of information including quotes from people taking part. I now need to make this into another news story for my patch team.

No comments: